There’s nothing better than a handmade gift and this Tile Coaster Tutorial will do the trick! What better way to celebrate than with some fun, festive coasters. These coasters are made from inexpensive tiles from the hardware store and are embellished with fun, designer scrapbook paper.
Make these coasters as a gift or make them for your home – either way, they are sure to get noticed!
4 square tiles from your local hardware store (4.25″ x 4.25″)
4 pieces of scrapbook paper (3.75″ x 3.75″)
4 pieces of felt (3.75″ x 3.75″)
Glue (i.e. Fabri-tac or other strong adhesive)
Clear acrylic sealer
1. Gather your supplies.
2. Brush one coat of Mod Podge onto tile.
3. Place one piece of paper on center of tile. Allow to dry.
4. Brush on another coat of mod podge on top of paper. Allow to dry 15 minutes and repeat 2-3 more times.
5. After mod podge is dry, take tiles outside and spray with clear acrylic sealer. Follow manufacturers instructions. The sealer makes these tile coasters water-resistant.
6. Allow coasters to dry completely. Once dry, glue felt squares to the bottom center of the tile.
Wrap four of these coasters up with some beautiful ribbon and you’ve got a gorgeous handmade gift.